Saturday, November 17, 2012

Coffee and Vanilla Centrepiece

I am always looking for easy DIY projects to make my home feel both comfy and put together and it really could not get any easier than this coffee and vanilla centrepiece.   I picked up a used glass vase from value village for $2 and a vanilla scented candle and coffee beans from Walmart for around $10.  I bought the cheapest coffee beans they had since taste quality didn't really matter as long as they smell like coffee.  When I first put it together this looked great!  Once I light the candle it filled the room with a wonderful mixed scent of vanilla and coffee.  I thought this was a dream!  Until the candle began to melt all through the coffee beans and it all became a big clump mess of wax and coffee beans.  It looked horrible and I wish I had taken a picture to show you the mess but I didn't do you will just have to trust me.  



Not wanting to give up on what while it lasted made my house smell like a cosy cafe, I went back to the pinning board and found the perfect solution!  Tea lights!  They come with their own metal containers that keep all the wax in check while still allowing the candle to warm the beans and spread their delicious scent.  

Like any avid pinner I am obsessed with mason jars and love to incorporate them where ever I can.  So making them my new candle holders and throwing some burlap around them,  I think I made a very nice rustic coffee table centrepiece.  What do you think?


Original pinned from: 

http://www.inspirationfordecoration.com/search/label/living%20room?updated-max=2009-02-21T07%3A28%3A00-08%3A00&max-results=20

http://leschosesdemarie.blogspot.ca/search?updated-max=2011-08-22T07:00:00-03:00&max-results=8  

No comments:

Post a Comment