Monday, November 12, 2012

Philadelphia 3-Step Cookie Dough Cheesecake

Cheesecake and cookie dough!  How is a women suppose to resist?  Being that I work in an office where women out number me 12 to 1, I thought it would be the perfect cake for a recent birthday.  Yes we bring a cake for everyone's birthday.  It gives me the perfect opportunity for them all to become my guinea pigs as I try to make the outrageous amount of cakes I have pinned without my fiancé and I becoming 300 pounds each.

The picture that was pinned.  Yum Yum Yum!!

Making this cake was so simple.   It also didn't call for a lot of ingredients so it didn't break the bank to make it.   If you have kids at home it would be simple to incorporate them.  They could have fun rolling the cookie dough into bit size balls and plopping them into the cheesecake batter.  In fact the hardest part of making this cake is not eating all the cookie dough!   

My cookie dough cake!

The reaction from my co-workers was not as good as I expected.  They all liked it but I could tell they were not in LOVE with it.  That said I still think it was a very decent cake.  My fiancé inhaled the piece I brought home for him.  I think my audience was just not quite right for this cake.  In the past when cheesecake was made it never really has gone over with grand cheers.  I will make this cake again.   How could I not when it's so quick and easy and the results is delicious to look at and eat!  



Philadelphia 3-Step Cookie Dough Cheesecake

Ingredients:
- 2 pkg. (8 oz. each) Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup prepared or refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough, divided
- 1 Honey Maid Graham Pie Crust (6 oz.) <- (or make your own; so easy and so much better!)
Directions:
PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F.  Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.  Add eggs; mix just until blended.  Remove 1/2 cup of the dough; drop by teaspoonfuls into batter.  Stir gently.
POUR into crust.  Top with level teaspoonfuls of the remaining 1/4 cup cookie dough.
BAKE 40 minutes or until center is almost set.  Cool.  Refrigerate 3 hours or over night.  Garnish as desired.  Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.
Makes 12 servings.
Cookbook and Recipe Cards. Lincolnwood, IL: Publications International, 2009. Print.




Recipe pinned from:  http://evalawrie.wordpress.com/2010/01/01/philadelphia-3-step-cookie-dough-cheesecake/



No comments:

Post a Comment